Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 4 and 5 - Movember 6th, Lombardi wedding...

I know.  It's distracting, right? 

Unfortunately, my mo had to play second fiddle yesterday to the bowtie you see below it.  My friends Mike and Meredith were married in Minneapolis and I had the honor of being an usher in the wedding party.  I was charged with tyng the groom's bowtie which I was able to complete in about 30 seconds.  Mine however took approximately 30 attempts.  I was sweating by the time I was done.  Not exactly the shape you want to be in before the wedding even starts.  Needless to say, my mo knows how to party and we had a ball.  By the end of the night I was once again sweating, but this time because of the dance floor and not the bowtie. 

Do you want to party with my mo?  No?  How about you donate instead.  Visit http://mobro.co/APK if you would prefer to donate to my mo instead of partying with my mo.

A million thanks to Meredith and Mike.  Mike by the way grows one of the most solid and creepy staches' you have ever seen.

My friend Mike


Historical facts(ish) for the day:

"...An after-effect of World War II’s popularity was clean-cut U.S. soldiers returning to create a new America. They were free of not just the “toothbrush” or “dictator” style mustache worn by German figure skating champion Adolph Hitler, but seemingly, and very sadly, America became devoid of flavor-saving upper lip garnishes altogether..."

                                  American Mustache Institute

Health Facts for the day: 

As much as I am trying to provide a little humor with a very serious subject, we still need to keep in mind what is at stake here.  This campaign is about increasing awareness around prostate cancer and mens health in general. 

The PSA blood test is often done to screen men for prostate cancer. Because of PSA testing, most prostate cancers are now found before they cause any symptoms.

The symptoms listed below can occur with prostate cancer (Most of the time these symptoms are caused by other prostate problems that are not cancer):
  • Delayed or slowed start of urinary stream
  • Dribbling or leakage of urine, most often after urinating
  • Slow urinary stream
  • Straining when urinating, or not being able to empty out all of the urine
  • Blood in the urine or semen
  • Bone pain or tenderness, most often in the lower back and pelvic bones (only when the cancer has spread)
Mustached Hero for the day:


In honor of the newlyweds who were announced and walked in to "Let's Go Crazy"
Prince

To donate, visit http://mobro.co/APK

No comments:

Post a Comment