Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2 - Movember 2nd, 2011 - Where's my stache???


So today went pretty smoothly.  No inquiries as to why I'm celebrating facial hair embraced mostly by police and firefighters, and occasionally men who drive window-less vans.  At this point in the mustache life cycle, my mo is basically an infant.  Cute because it's small but more or less insignificant.  Most people won't even take note yet.  It's not ready to walk into a room and say, "Look at me in all my glory."  Not yet. 

It's kind of strange because for the first time since I was a sophmore in high school, I'm wishing I could grow facial hair faster.  That all goes away as soon as you start shaving on a daily basis.  It REALLY goes away when you start buying your own razor blades. 

Health Facts for the day:

Prostate cancer is the third most common cause of death from cancer in men of all ages and is the most common cause of death from cancer in men over age 75. Prostate cancer is rarely found in men younger than 40.

Historical Facts(ish) for the day:

"Mustached Americans first came to the United States in chains to serve as gunsmiths, shoemakers, midget impersonators, and cattle ejaculators. But in the early 1800s, a sea change of acceptance and stature began for people of Mustached American heritage which would last until 1944, and during that period, the U.S. embraced the sexually adventuresome, round-house kick to the face, Panda bear steak eating Mustached American way of life."

                                         -American Mustache Institute

Mustached hero for the day:


Terry "Hulk" Hogan

C'mon guys, I said mustached hero.  Like there's a better choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment